Thank You, Lowepro for The Best Photography Backpacks!
A couple of years ago I bought a huge bag from Lowepro on a tradeshow in Sweden, and it has been my buddy ever since.
If you are a professional photographer you know, it is vital to have all your gadgets at your fingertips, and that everything has its place in your arsenal of equipment.
Today I use three different bags, all from Lowepro. I love the quality of these bags. I’ve had them for many years and used them a lot. They simply get the job done again and again.
Lowepro Mini Trekker AW: for the hobbyist
I started out with a Lowepro Mini Trekker AW Backpack back in the days when I started my photography business.
Back then I didn’t have much of equipment anyways, so I didn’t feel the need for a large bag at this point.
The inside can hold the ordinary stuff, and even a smaller tripod can be strapped to the outside.
This bag is perfect when you have a couple of lenses, a camera body, a Speedlite, and some extra stuff.
- Built in All Weather Cover - keeps gear protected against extreme weather
- Holds an SLR w/ attached 80-200mm f/2.8 lens, additional body and 4-6 more lenses
- Ergonomic harness features wide, padded shoulder straps and a sternum strap
- Quick-release integrated tripod holder
- Tough, Water-resistant outer fabric
Lowepro Magnum 650 AW: “We’re gonna need a bigger boat”
My equipment arsenal grew, and my buddy did not manage to carry it all anymore. I had to find another bag.
A couple of years ago I bought a huge bag from Lowepro at a trade show in Sweden, and it has been my buddy ever since.
The Lowepro Magnum 650 AW Shoulder Bag can hold almost all of my equipment I have today even though I did choose to use the Backpack for the usual stuff since I want it to be ready to go when doing an event or similar. I do not want to repack the gear I need.
- Fits 1-2 pro DSLRs with standard zoom lens attached, 8-10 lenses (up to 70-200mm f/2.8), accessories, and up to a 15.4" laptop
- Vertebral Tech Shoulder strap ensures a comfortable fit, no matter how strap is placed: left shoulder, right shoulder, facing up or down
- Rain-flap lid with locking zippers provides extra protection from moisture and added security (lock not included)
- Trolley sleeve and handcart straps attach and secure bag(s) to luggage and most handcart systems for easy transport
- Adjustable padded divider system allows full customization of gear .External Dimensions: 38.5cm x 24.5cm x 32cm
Lowepro Outback 100: When light-weight is important
For vacation trips and times when I want to bring my DSLR ready to shoot with a lens mounted, the Lowepro Outback 100 Camera Beltpack is my companion. It can hold my favorite lens Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM mounted on the camera and some extra gadgets. It also has some strapping options to tighten it to the waist. This bag would come to be useful when exploring The Great Wall of China back in 2011.
- Fast-access lid lets you 'work out of the bag' with ease
- Adjustable, padded dividers so you can arrange cameras and accessories to suit your needs
- Large, U-shaped zipper pulls and zipper tabs are easy to grasp and provide added leverage - even in wet and cold conditions
- One-piece foam framing provides superior protection at critical points and corners
- Memory card pockets on the inside lide provide quick access to your memory cards.
If I would have to pick another alternative, what would that be?
I love Lowepro, no doubt! There is no reason for me to hit that big Buy-button right away, but one bag that made my wallet worried is the Everyday Backpack by Peak Design. It’s a beautiful bag without a doubt, and it’s functional too! But for now, I let my wallet rest. 😉